Equipment and Lens
We use only the latest and best technology to ensure that all our patients receive the highest standard of care.
Our investment in technology shows no limits and we will ensure you have access to all the latest and most sophisticated tests, keeping our promise to deliver the finest care possible. We have in-house ultrasounds and retinal/glaucoma scans, all with the most up to date diagnostics.
All of our extra ocular surgery is done with single use disposable surgical instruments.
Our Cataract Ultrasonic machines are the latest dual pump machines which give the surgeon unsurpassed control during the procedure. The Bausch & Lomb Millennium Microsurgical System with its phaco-burst technology reduces the total amount of ultrasonic energy delivered to the eye during phaco-emulsification. These improvements lower the risk of thermal or physical injury to the cornea and incision site. With this machine the latest methods are available here at LondonOC, including bimanual phaco-emulsification, where the incision site is merely 1.8mm wide (standard is 4.1mm). Again, our phaco hand pieces use the most advanced bimanual technology for new hyper “cool” techniques, further reducing heat during the procedure.
We have access to all the latest intraocular lenses (IOL) available today, and considering this lens will remain in your eye for the rest of your life, we have a selection of only the finest at the London ophthalmology Centre, including:
- Injectable lenses:
- NEW ** Our HD vision lens implants with superior quality multifocal vision using a new method. This new lens allows full range, spectacle free, perfect sight using a bifocal lens implant which is designed to last a lifetime.
- The world’s first aberration free IOL from Bausch & Lomb.
- Aspherical, anti-glare lenses with improved contrast perception – Experience vision the way it used to be.
- See near and far with these multi-focal lenses. These allow up to 90% of patients to do away with glasses altogether, immediately after surgery.
- Sulcoflex MULTI focal lens implants
The Sulcoflex Multifocal lens can provide reading vision without glasses for patients that have had standard cataract surgery in the past and currently depend on glasses to be able to read.
The lens is designed for placement behind the iris of eyes that have previously received a standard monofocal lens. The optical principles are the same as the standard Mflex multifocal intraocular lens, but the lens is thinner and designed to rest easily in between the iris and the previously implanted monofocal lens.
- Blue Blocker IOL to protect the retina from harmful UV rays from the sun.
- New Multifocal TORIC lenses so for the first time we can fix your short-sight AND your astigmatism in one procedure. These British lenses are a world’s first and have been proven to be more effective than previous options.
- New PRISM lens implants so we can treat areas of bad retina by redirecting the light rays to healthy parts of the retina.
- New IOL VIP for macular degeneration – a micro telescope implant to give better magnification and image details for patients with macular degeneration. Click here for more details!
At LondonOC we believe that all patients should have the opportunity to discuss their requirements fully with their Consultant Ophthalmologist Eye Surgeon. Only then can you make an informed decision on which lens is best suited for your needs.