Who we are
The London ophthalmology centre (LondonOC) is run by experienced Consultant eye surgeons who hold lead clinical positions in major UK teaching hospitals. We offer the latest techniques in eye care, including diagnostics and treatments.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect your personal data such as your name, email address, message communicated to us, phone number and other technical data such as cookies which we store, analyse and maintain in a secured environment which can be deleted upon request.
Following are the plugins that we use, which collects your personal data.
We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter's IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
Forms: Data Collection
Forms stores a record of all form submissions. Your data may be deleted by the site administrator. You may request a report of saved data related to your email address.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Forms related cookies :When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence (see below).
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We do not share any of your distinct private data such as name, email, phone number and medical conditions, that you mentioned in the contact forms and newsletter forms in the website. Some data collected by Google Analytics and Hotjar are used according to the privacy policies of the respective companies.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. The data that you enter in the contact forms are retained and stored in a secure server indefinitely unless you ask us to delete them.
What rights you have over your data
You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
We store the data that we collected from the contact forms and newsletter subscription forms in a secured server which is located in the United Kingdom.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any clarifications on the below mentioned details.
Address: 18-22 Queen Anne Street, London, W1G 8HU, United Kingdom
Phone: 020 7000 3193 / 0800 7569993
How we protect your data
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information, the information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the Web page. The server in which we store personally identifiable information is kept in a secure environment.
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Forms related cookiesWhen you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- As we sell products it's important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren't sure whether you need or not it's usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
- Email: email@example.com