Glaucoma treatments at LondonOC
LondonOC specialise in innovative technology to diagnose, monitor and treat Glaucoma
London Ophthalmology Centre is an award winning cataract and glaucoma clinic with specialist glaucoma surgeons and cataract doctors.
Glaucoma does not usually cause any symptoms to begin with.
As well as exceptional surgical options, LondonOC offers a range of non-surgical solutions to treat your glaucoma.
if you have concerns about glaucoma then finding a specialist glaucoma clinic could be a priority in order to receive prompt and professional care. We understand that developing glaucoma can be a big concern to any individual and their families which is why we always discuss a treatment programme with you at every stage. We can help you make sense of a glaucoma diagnosis and ensure that we manage your glaucoma treatment whilst in London both sensitively and compassionately.
Finding out you have glaucoma might come as a shock especially if you don’t have any typical characteristics like diabetes or previous history in the family. We provide ophthalmic support to ensure that the best treatment plan possible is in place. Helping you to feel comfortable is our priority as we recognise that eye surgery to treat glaucoma might seem invasive and daunting.
Glaucoma laser treatment has become increasingly common and can in many cases mean the patient can resume normal activities in a short time. There are various types of laser surgery options some of which will still be combined with medication of some kind. This combined approach in advanced cases should help to reduce intraocular pressure and maintain it too. Having any surgery can be daunting but glaucoma laser surgery is usually a fast and effective treatment with little interference to daily life once complete. Sometimes it might be necessary to repeat a procedure but individual outcomes and next steps can be discussed with an ophthalmologist.
Glaucoma treatment options
- Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty -This is a new and repeatable treatment without scarring, that painlessly lowers pressure and allows many patients to do away with their daily eye drops. This safe technology utilises the most advanced laser energy, to deliver highly accurate and precise treatment, without unwanted side effects. This allows our consultant ophthalmologist to deliver new treatments which were not possible, or as effective, with previous Argon Type lasers.
- Eye Drop Therapies - We have available all the latest, most powerful, once daily eye-drop combinations.
- New Implantable sustained release drug therapies - implanted to replace the burden (& side effects) of daily eyedrops
- Glaucoma Drainage Surgery - modified withminimally invasive MIGStechniques providingsafer & quicker surgerywith microtube implants, achieving high success rates and faster recovery. New micro shunts to lower pressure -effective & safe & painless
- Trabeculectomy surgery: Using powerfulanti-scarringagents, and releasable stitches, Glaucoma Drainage Surgery is a proven method to give you optimal results. Our glaucoma specialist consultant surgeons will guide you on which procedure will give you the best pressure control, and all surgeries can be performed under local anaesthetic so you are able to go home on the same day as the surgery.
- OMNI Surgical Systems: The OMNI Surgical System helps an ophthalmologist “unclog the sink”, or relieve pressure buildup in the eye,by removing unnecessary blockages. OMNI improves the natural flow of fluid across all points with a simple procedure.
Keep up-to-date with conditions, innovative treatments and news here at LondonOC