Cataract surgery at LondonOC
LondonOC specialise in innovative technology to diagnose, monitor and treat cataracts.
State of the art cataracts surgery at LondonOC
What are my options for cataract surgery?
LondonOC takes pride in the outstanding care and state of the art treatment options we are able to bring to our patients.
We guarantee you will have all aspects of your treatment carried out by a consultant surgeon, no technicians or optoms will be involved in your care. The advantages of private cataract surgery at LondonOC include:
- Your dedicated consultant will be with you before, during and after the treatment - guaranteed
- Your surgery will be undertaken with the latest diagnostic and surgery equipment including OCT biometry and corneal topography for accurate results
- Surgery is painless without any injections and usually takes less than 10 minutes
- You will have a choice of the best intraocular lenses (IOL) to give you perfect sight
- All your visits will be with the consultant – no trainees or opticians – just consultants to treat you at every step
- Your extensive after care will also delivered by your consultant
- Full contact details of your consultant should you wish to speak to him or her at anytime after your surgery
- Dedicated and experienced surgical team using single use disposable equipment only
- Named admin staff to ensure your experience is perfect from start to finish
- Our clinic was the first to have our own in house surgery centre, and we are proud to have 0% infection rate since we opened.
- Our all inclusive price covers all of the above with unlimited aftercare.
We only use the very best lenses and materials to give you the best quality of vision possible
Find out about lens replacement and cataract surgery at LondonOC
Having an operation on your eyes can be a scary prospect. However, there is no reason to be afraid, as LondonOC has invested heavily in the most highly skilled staff and world class equipment. This means that we can offer you the most cutting edge cataract surgery in London. Using the highest quality lenses available on the market today, our skilled surgeons will restore your full vision with very little fuss or discomfort. Our skilled ophthalmic surgeons use only the best techniques, such as topical anaesthesia, keeping you comfortable without the need for injections.Cataract surgery is now the safest surgery possible, with the risk of a serious problem being less than 0.1%.
Microincision Phaco Surgery with theLatest Microincision Femto Laser
We utilise the latest keyhole surgery (without stitches) and remove the cataract using state of the art, ultrasound machines. We now offer the latest micro incision Femto – LASER assisted lens surgery where appropriate.
Our Ultrasonic machines are the latest dual pump machines which give the surgeon unsurpassed control during the procedure. Phaco-burst technology reduces the total amount of ultrasonic energy delivered to the eye during surgery (phaco-emulsification). These improvements lower the risk of thermal or physical injury to the cornea and incision site. Our machines use the latest methods, including bimanual phaco-emulsification, where the incision site is merely 1.8mm wide (standard is 4.1mm). Again, our phaco hand pieces use the most advanced bimanual technology for new hyper "cool" techniques, further reducing heat during the procedure.
This all means safer surgery and quicker healing with better results.
99% of patients notice the vision has improved in the days after surgery. 90% of patients do not need spectacles for near and far vision if a multifocal lens implant was selected for the surgery. Since our inception we have had no cases of infection (0%) and work hard to maintain this .
At LondonOC, not only do we offer the best in technology, but we combine this with the personal care from your surgeon. The surgeon will see you for the consultation, any pre op measurements, and of course the surgery. You will have direct contact details, and your surgeon will guide you through the post-operative period, as required. All our surgeons are lead consultant specialists who teach surgery in London’s teaching hospitals, so you know you are in the safest of hands. We do not use any technicians or opticians in your medical care – only 100% care delivered by consultant surgeons.
Choice of Lens Implant (IOL):
We have access to all the latest intraocular lenses (IOL) available today, and considering this lens will remain in your eye for the rest of your life, we have a selection of only the finest at the London Ophthalmology Centre, including:
Injectable lenses through micro keyhole surgery:
- All our lenses are aspheric (match the natural lens) and are aberration free with anti-glare and improved contrast perception – experience vision the way it used to be.
- See near and far with multi-focal lenses. These allow up to 90% of patients to do away with glasses altogether, immediately after surgery.
- *NEW* HD Vision with these new multi / bi / tri – focal lens implants giving a superior quality of perfect vision. Ask for more details of our new HD vision lenses
Why choose LondonOC?
We only specialise in eye care – we are the first exclusive London ophthalmic clinic and surgery centre with over 40,000 procedures performed by our surgeons.
We only work with specialist consultant surgeons who are leads in their field of ophthalmology. Our world renowned surgeons hold consultant positions in NHS teaching hospitals, so you know you’ll receive the best care. They are all registered on the specialist GMC register and hold fellowships with the Royal College of Ophthalmologists. Our surgeons have over 60 years of combined experience in eye surgery.
We are a CONSULTANT ONLY SERVICE NOT JUST Consultant led meaning you will only see a consultant. Unlike most other clinics, we do not have any junior (non-consultant grades), nor opticians or technicians present for any part of your care. It’s all delivered by your consultant. As an extra service, you will have direct contact and access to your consultant surgeon before, during and after your treatment. We promise you will see the same consultant at every visit and receive the very best care and advice.
Keep up-to-date with conditions, innovative treatments and news here at LondonOC
Cataract, cataract surgery, cataract treatment, Other ConditionJuly 19, 2021
Cataract, Glaucoma, Other ConditionJune 25, 2021
Does the sun damage your eyes?
Cataract, Glaucoma, Other ConditionJune 2, 2021
Covid-19 & your eyes
Cataract, cataract treatmentJune 1, 2021
How can lens replacement surgery help your vision?