Having surgery for cataracts can be a scary prospect. However, there is no reason to be afraid, as LondonOC has invested heavily in the most highly skilled staff and world-class equipment. Using the highest quality lenses available on the market today, our skilled surgeons will restore your full vision with very little fuss or discomfort.
In the majority of cases, surgery for cataracts is a day procedure, conducted by keyhole surgery which requires no stitches. Cataract surgery involves removing the clouded lens and replacing it with a clear artificial lens. During the procedure, a local anaesthetic will be used to numb the area around your eye so it is a painless experience for you, as you will be awake during the procedure. As with any procedures, cataracts surgery does carry risks such as infection and bleeding but your consultant will talk you through all the risks.
Following a short period of observation after the procedure, you will be allowed to go home. Directly after the cataract surgery, you will be limited in the activities you can take part in and will need to use eye drops, but within just a few weeks you will regain full use of your eyes. Our skilled surgeons will ensure that you get the most modern treatment on offer for your cataract problems.
We have access to all the latest intraocular lenses (IOL) available today, and considering this lens will remain in your eye for the rest of your life, we have a selection of only the finest at the London Ophthalmology Centre, including:
- Injectable lenses through micro keyhole surgery
- The world’s first aberration-free IOL from Bausch & Lomb
- Aspherical, anti-glare lenses with improved contrast perception – experience vision the way it used to be. See near and far with multi-focal lenses. These allow up to 90% of patients to do away with glasses altogether, immediately after surgery. Click here for more details
- *NEW* HD Vision with these new multi/bi/trifocal lens implants giving a superior quality of perfect vision. Ask for more details of our new HD vision lenses – Sulcoflex
- Sulcoflex MULTI focal lens implants – The Sulcoflex Multifocal lens can provide reading vision without glasses for patients that have had standard cataract surgery in the past and currently depend on glasses to be able to read. The lens is designed for placement behind the iris of eyes that have previously received a standard mono-focal lens. The optical principles are the same as the standard Mflex multifocal intraocular lens, but the lens is thinner and designed to rest easily in between the iris and the previously implanted mono-focal lens.
- Blue Blocker IOL to protect the retina from harmful UV rays from the sun.
- New Multifocal TORIC lenses so for the first time we can fix your short- sight AND your astigmatism in one procedure. These British lenses are a world’s first and have been proven to be more effective than previous options.
- Accommodative lens: new implants which work like your natural lens- we use the first EU approved such lens, made by AMO.
- New PRISM lens implants so we can treat areas of the bad retina by redirecting the light rays to healthy parts of the retina.
- New IOL VIP for macular degeneration – a micro telescope implant to give better magnification and image details for patients with macular degeneration.
Surgery can be a scary prospect and we understand you will have many questions, especially that being that will lens will suit you best. Let us take care of you and direct you to the best possible care and treatment, contact us today.
This article is intended to inform and give insight but not treat, diagnose or replace the advice of a doctor. Always seek medical advice with any questions regarding a medical condition.